Go 50, it’s your birthday!
50 Cent has been riding the success of his TV shows while getting in some performances on his Final Lap Tour this year. Now he can add to his celebratory career the addition of a certified Diamond plaque to his catalog of music.
The “Get Rich or Die Tryin” entertainer has received his first diamond plaque in celebration of selling more than 10 million units of his Dr. Dre-produced hit recording, “In Da Club.”
— RIAA (@RIAA) November 1, 2023
The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) just announced that the first single off of 50’s Aftermath/Interscope Records debut was certified diamond on Nov. 1. The news comes 20 years after the album entered the charts. The single took over a year to reach gold status on Oct. 25, 2004. Now, two decades later, he joins the two men responsible for his debut, Eminem and Dr. Dre in obtaining diamond records.
View this post on Instagram
50, who is currently on the international leg of his tour will perform his last show on Dec. 21 in Abu Dhabi.
It’s been quite a productive year for the Queens-bred rapper.
- He won a $6.2 million judgment against the former director of Brand Management for Sire Spirits, Mitchell Green, who reportedly siphoned $2.2 million from the company.
- The prominent television producer and hip-hop entrepreneur signed his first multi-year partnership with an NHL team. He agreed to bring his Sire Spirits to the Vegas Golden Knights.
- 50 acquired 985,000 square feet of space that will become home to the upcoming G-Unit studio.
- Sire Spirits became the “Official Spirit Partner of the Timberwolves” with its award-winning Branson Cognac.
- His G-Unity Foundation will be highlighted during the 2024 NBA All-Star Game, as Sire Spirits became the official alcohol partner of the Indiana Pacers, and the game will be held in Indianapolis.
- The rapper has also inked a deal with Fox Entertainment.
50 Cent Earns First RIAA Certified Diamond Record With ‘In Da Club’