ADCOLOR Announces Honorees for 17th Annual ADCOLOR Awards
Presented by Disney, Google | YouTube and Spotify
NEW YORK, July 20, 2023 – ADCOLOR, the premier organization dedicated to celebrating and promoting diversity in the creative industries, today announced the honorees of its 17th Annual ADCOLOR Awards. These notable individuals will be honored at the 17th Annual ADCOLOR Awards, set to take place on Saturday, November 11, 2023 at the JW Marriott LA Live in Los Angeles, CA. The in-person awards show will be the culmination of the organization’s annual event, ADCOLOR 2023, held from November 9 – 11.
This year’s honorees in non-competitive categories were chosen by ADCOLOR’s highly esteemed Board of Directors and respective partners. Recipients range from change makers such as DJ D-Nice and GLAAD President & CEO Sarah Kate Ellis to pioneering organizations such as Asians in Advertising and CultureCon.
The full list of 2023 ADCOLOR Honorees can be found below. The ADCOLOR | Adweek Beacon Honoree will be announced at a later date.
“Congratulations to the extraordinary honorees of our 17th annual ADCOLOR Awards, whose remarkable achievements have transformed industries and provided unparalleled support to diverse communities,” said ADCOLOR Founder and President, Tiffany R. Warren. “Each honoree embodies a spirit of resilience that speaks to our 2023 theme ‘Double Down & Double Up’, and their inclusion in this year’s awards is a direct reflection of the progress they’ve made in their respective field. We look forward to celebrating their influence and accomplishments during our ceremony in November.”
Since 2007, the ADCOLOR Awards have highlighted and honored the achievements of diverse communities and allies in the creative industries. The awards recognize those who go above and beyond to make a difference and who embody the organization’s mission of “Rise Up, Reach Back.” The 2023 class of ADCOLOR FUTURES and ADCOLOR LEADERS will be unveiled in August.
Registration for ADCOLOR 2023, including the 17th Annual ADCOLOR Awards, is now open. Please visit the ADCOLOR 2023 registration site to buy tickets today.
For additional updates and information on ADCOLOR, please follow ADCOLOR on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. For those interested in partnership opportunities, please reach out to email@example.com.
ADCOLOR® is a not-for-profit 501(c) (6) organization whose mission is to celebrate and champion diversity in the creative industries. Our process is twofold. First, we help individuals and organizations RISE UP, letting their accomplishments and ideas shine. Then we teach these new leaders and would-be-mentors how to REACH BACK and find others who deserve to be noticed and promoted. Our goal is to create a community of diverse professionals who are here to support and uplift one another. Learn more by visiting www.adcolor.org.
ADCOLOR 2023 Partners
Disney, Google | YouTube, Spotify, Activision, Sony Music Group, Apple, Droga5, MSL, Mondeléz, Nextdoor, Omnicom Group, TikTok, Basis Technologies, Endeavor, FCB, Havas, McCann Worldgroup, Yahoo
ADCOLOR Corporate Members
The Advertising Club of New York, The Brandtech Group, Cardinal Change Consulting, Deutsch LA, Droga5, Energy BBDO, Google | YouTube, JKR, McCann Worldgroup, Meta, Microsoft, MSL, Sony Music Group
ADCOLOR Vendor Partners
5WPR, Adewole Photography, Adrianne Lipscomb Graphic Design, Akande Music, Bravely, dirty sugar, EGM Security Management, Isa Beltre-Plush Merchandising Consultants, Squeaky.com, Sound Investment/Virtual Event Site, STAMP Event Co., Studio Mark Clennon, the STUDIO NYC, Tabernacle, Wendy Shanker
2023 ADCOLOR HONOREES
ADCOLOR in Music
- D-Nice: DJ, rapper, producer, photographer, and philanthropist
- Joi Brown: Founder and CEO, Culture Creators
ADCOLOR | One Club Creatives
- Adam Tillman-Young: Founder, Chief Creative Officer, PASSERINE
- Todd Triplett: SVP, Global Executive Creative Director, Known
- Raquel Willis: Award-winning author, activist, and media strategist
- Sarah Kate Ellis: President & CEO, GLAAD
- Shawn Finnie: Entertainment Executive
- Asians in Advertising
- Cheryl Guerin: Executive Vice President, Global Brand Strategy & Innovation, Mastercard
- Rania Succar: Chief Executive Officer, Intuit Mailchimp
- Steven Wolfe Pereira: Chief Business Officer, 3Pas Studios | Co-Founder & Chairman, Encantos
- Talitha Watkins: President, ColorCreative Management and Productions
- Tariq Hassan: Chief Marketing & Customer Experience Officer, McDonald’s USA
- Bernard “Bernie” Drayton: Founder/Producer, Last Minute Entertainment
- Helen Zia: Author and Activist, Vincent Chin Institute
- Jerri DeVard: Founder, Black Executive CMO Alliance, BECA
- Carlin Dixon: Associate Director, DEI Strategy, TBWA\Chiat\Day\NY
- So A Ryu: Associate Design Director, Energy BBDO