Byron Allen’s Entertainment Studios (ES) (www.entertainmentstudios.com), one of the largest independent producers and distributors of first-run syndicated television programming for broadcast television stations, and owner of eight 24-hour television networks, is proud to announce commencement of production of 130 new half-hour episodes for five of the studio’s current court series — a total of 650 new half-hour episodes for the 2018-19 season, effective immediately. All five ES court series are carried in broadcast syndication in 90 percent of U.S. television markets, and on the ES network JUSTICECENTRAL.TV. DirecTV, AT&T U-verse, Verizon FiOS, and DISH are among the many platforms that currently carry JUSTICECENTRAL.TV.
“Eight years after we launched our first court series AMERICA’S COURT WITH JUDGE ROSS, our viewers continue to enjoy some of the best court shows available,” said Byron Allen, Founder, Chairman, and CEO of Entertainment Studios. “Whether in broadcast syndication or on our 24-hour HD network JusticeCentral.TV, the investment to produce these 650 additional new episodes shows our commitment to being the largest producer of high-quality television court programming – and our unwavering confidence in this strong and engaging genre.”
The five Entertainment Studios court series include:
- AMERICA’S COURT WITH JUDGE ROSS – Nominated for an Emmy® Award, this is the next generation of court shows. Judge Ross shows litigants how they can responsibly deal with their disputes and understand the consequences of their actions. America’s Court with Judge Ross premiered in Fall, 2010.
- JUSTICE FOR ALL WITH JUDGE CRISTINA PEREZ – Three-time Emmy®-Award winner Cristina Perez is back on the bench. Cristina is the ultimate award-winning judge, who appeals to audiences everywhere. Justice for All with Judge Cristina Perez premiered in Fall, 2012.
- SUPREME JUSTICE WITH JUDGE KAREN – Twice elected as a county court judge in Miami, Judge Karen Mills-Francis is known for her feisty, full-of-life personality and passionate advocacy for families and children. Supreme Justice with Judge Karen premiered in Fall, 2013.
- JUSTICE WITH JUDGE MABLEAN – Television viewers know Judge Mablean from the television show ‘Divorce Court,’ where Judge Mablean presided as the Judge for seven seasons (1999-2006). Justice with Judge Mablean premiered in Fall, 2014.
- THE VERDICT WITH JUDGE HATCHETT – Two-time Emmy®-nominated host Judge Glenda Hatchett presided as Judge on ‘Judge Hatchett’ for a total of fourteen seasons on the air. ‘Judge Hatchett’ won a Prism Award for Best Unscripted Non-Fiction Series or Special for Television. The Verdict with Judge Hatchett premiered in Fall, 2016.
About Entertainment Studios
Chairman and CEO Byron Allen founded Entertainment Studios in 1993. Headquartered in Los Angeles, it has offices in New York, Chicago, Atlanta, Denver, and Raleigh. Entertainment Studios owns eight 24-hour HD television networks serving nearly 160 million subscribers: THE WEATHER CHANNEL, PETS.TV, COMEDY.TV, RECIPE.TV, CARS.TV, ES.TV, MYDESTINATION.TV, and JUSTICE CENTRAL.TV. The company also produces, distributes, and sells advertising for 41 television programs, making it one of the largest independent producers/distributors of first-run syndicated television programming for broadcast television stations. With a library of over 5,000 hours of owned content across multiple genres, Entertainment Studios provides video content to broadcast television stations, cable television networks, mobile devices, multimedia platforms, and the World Wide Web. Our mission is to provide excellent programming to our viewers, online users, and Fortune 500 advertising partners.
In 2015, Entertainment Studios purchased Freestyle Releasing, now called Entertainment Studios Motion Pictures, a full-service, theatrical motion picture distribution company specializing in wide release commercial content. ESMP released 2017’s highest-grossing independent movie, the shark thriller 47 METERS DOWN, which grossed over $44.3 million. In 2018, ESMP also released the critically-acclaimed and commercially successful Western HOSTILES and the historic mystery-thriller CHAPPAQUIDDICK. Upcoming releases include the Keanu Reeves sci-fi thriller REPLICAS, the John Krasinski/Emily Blunt-starring animated feature ANIMAL CRACKERS, and Joe Carnahan’s Mel Gibson/Naomi Watts/Frank Grillo starring action-thriller BOSS LEVEL. The digital distribution unit of Entertainment Studios Motion Pictures, Freestyle Digital Media, is a premiere multi-platform distributor with direct partnerships across all major cable, digital and streaming platforms.
SOURCE Entertainment Studios, Inc.