Jonathan Majors Files Complaint Against Accuser but Prosecutors Refuse to Pursue Charges

Jonathan Majors Files Complaint Against Accuser but Prosecutors Refuse to Pursue Charges

Jonathan Majors Files Complaint Against Accuser but Prosecutors Refuse to Pursue Charges

The ongoing saga of the Jonathan Majors domestic violence case has taken another turn according to a recent report.

According to Insider, the “Creed III” actor filed a domestic violence complaint with the New York Police Department against the woman who alleged that he placed his hands upon her. The incident, which took place earlier this year on March 25 in New York City has placed his once lucrative career on hold while this sorts itself out. Yet, although Majors alleged that it was ex-girlfriend Grace Jabbari who assaulted him, police officers with the NYPD did not take action against her.

After a court appearance last week, Majors went to the precinct located near the alleged assault in Chinatown in Manhattan and told police officers there that it was Jabbari who assaulted him, not the other way around. He claimed that his former girlfriend was “drunk and hysterical” and assaulted him when she scratched, slapped, and grabbed at his face. Insider was able to obtain the incident report.

There is another police precinct investigating Majors’ allegation. The precinct, located in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan where Majors reside had already started looking into the complaint by Majors.

Both precincts had probable cause to arrest Jabbari according to the actor’s attorney, Priya Chaudhry. An “incident card,” or “I-Card,” which gives police officers the right to take Jabbari into custody, was issued. Yet,  the prosecutors working the court case against Majors did not want to pursue the accusations levied by Majors. At the urging of the district attorney’s office, the “I-Card” was de-activated, based on a law enforcement source and Chaudry.

The DA’s office has access to evidence that supports what Majors has alleged, including surveillance footage of the dispute and photos of Majors’ injuries, Chaudhry stated to Insider in an article published last week. Last month, Chaudry did publicly state that this case was racially motivated against her client. She revealed that she handed over substantial evidence that prosecutors should have looked over to see that what is being reported is not true. She said the DA’s office was changing how they approach the case to match what Jabbari has been changing.

Jabbari initially stated that Majors attacked her and broke her finger, twisted her arm, and hit her in the ear. All charges that Majors dispute. There is an August 3 court date scheduled for the accusations.

Jonathan Majors Files Complaint Against Accuser but Prosecutors Refuse to Pursue Charges

Leave a Reply

Categories

Verified by MonsterInsights