Suspect in Takeoff’s Death Claims Innocence

Suspect in Takeoff’s Death, DJ Pat Claims Innocence

The man who has been accused and arrested for the killing of Migos group member Takeoff is proclaiming his innocence at his first court appearance in Houston.

According to The Associated Press, the man that police authorities have allegedly shot and killed Takeoff appeared in court on Monday and stated that he is innocent of the charges. The attorney for Patrick Xavier Clark, who is also known as DJ Pat, a local Houston DJ said that her client was not the person who pulled the trigger on that fateful night.

Prosecutors and the defense attorneys of DJ Pat agreed to have a hearing to discuss a reduction in the amount of the $2 million bond. That hearing is scheduled for Dec. 14. DJ Pat was arrested on a murder charge last week.

The Houston DJ, according to ABC13 News, had applied for an emergency passport before he was arrested on Dec. 1. Authorities reported that DJ Pat had a large amount of cash when he was caught. Papers that he filed for an expedited passport were also on his person and the DJ had a flight booked to fly to Mexico. 

DJ Pat’s lawyer, Letitia Quinones says that her client is innocent and to allow the system to do its part.

“There is a lot of investigation that needs to be done. So, we just ask that everyone keep an open mind and let the system do its part and let the Constitution do its part and that is, right now he’s innocent until he’s proven guilty.”

She also stated that the trip to Mexico was previously planned.

“He wasn’t trying to go anywhere,” Quinones said.

According to TMZ, the killing of Takeoff took place last month on Nov. 1 at the 810 Billiards & Bowling Houston bowling alley. The recording artist was there with his uncle, Quavo, and fellow Migos group member celebrating the birthday of Jas Prince on the night of the tragedy.

Categories

%d bloggers like this: